I. A brief description of our public body is as follows:
- A. Our purpose is to provide materials and services for the recreational, social, informational, and educational needs of the community.
- B. An organizational chart is attached.
- C. The total amount of our operating budget for July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 is: $694,367.
Funding sources are property and personal property replacement taxes, state and federal grants, fines, charges, and donations.
Tax levies for public library districts are:
- Corporate purposes (for general operating expenditures)
- IMRF (provides for employee’s retirement and related expenses)
- Social Security (provides for employee’s FICA costs and related expenses)
- Audit (for annual audit and related expenses)
- Maintenance (for maintaining the building [not levied]
- Tort Liability (for insurance premiums, risk management, attorney’s fees and related expenses, unemployment and worker’s compensation insurance)
- Working Cash (for internal loans, [no longer levied])
- Debt Service (for bond and interest payments [not levied])
- D. The office is located at this address: 4000 Green Apple Lane, Monticello, Illinois 61856.
- E. We have approximately the following number of persons employed:
- Full-time – 4
- Part-time – 5
- F. The following organization exercises control over our policies and procedures: The Allerton Public Library District Board of Library Trustees, which meets monthly on the first Wednesday of each month, 4:00 p.m., at the library.Its members are: Susan Gortner, President; Jeff Clodfelter, Vice President; Susan Lochbaum, Secretary; Beth Manuel, Treasurer; Elaine Tracy, Mike Harris, and Lynn Richardson.
- G. The following organization operates in an advisory capacity regarding our operation: Illinois Heartland Library System.
- H. We are required to report and be answerable for our operations to: Illinois State Library, Springfield, Illinois. Its members are: State Librarian, Jesse White (Secretary of State); Director of State Library, Greg McCormick; and various other staff.
II. You may request the information and the records available to the public in the following manner:
- A. Use request form (download from top of page).
- B. Your request should be directed to the following individual: Sherry Waldrep FOIA officer.
- C. You must indicate whether you have a “commercial purpose” in your request.
- D. You must specify the records requested to be disclosed for inspection or to be copied. If you desire that any records be certified, you must specify which ones.
- E. To reimburse us our actual costs for reproducing and certifying (if requested) the records, you will be charged the following fees:
- There is a $1.00 charge for each certification of records.
- There is no charge for the first hundred (100) pages of black and white text either letter or legal size;
- There is a $.15 per page charge for copied records in excess of 100 pages;
- The actual copying cost of color copies and other sized copies will be charged.
- F. If the records are kept in electronic format, you may request a specific format and if feasible, they will be so provided, but if not, they will be provided either in the electronic format in which they are kept (and you would be required to pay the actual cost of the medium only, i.e. disc, diskette, tape, etc.) or in paper as you select.
- G. The office will respond to a written request within five (5) working days or sooner if possible. An extension of an additional five (5) working days may be necessary to properly respond.
- H. Records may be inspected or copied. If inspected, an employee must be present throughout the inspection.
- I. The place and times where the records will be available are as follows: 4000 Green Apple Lane, Monticello, IL 61856, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Allerton Public Library District, Administrative Offices
III. Certain types of information maintained by us are exempt from inspection and copying.
However, the following types or categories of records are maintained under our control:
- A. Monthly Financial Statements
- B. Annual Receipts and Disbursements Reports
- C. Budget and Appropriation Ordinances
- D. Levy Ordinances
- E. Operating Budgets
- F. Annual Audits
- G. Minutes of the Board of Library Trustees
- H. Library Policies, including Materials Selection
- I. Adopted Ordinances and Resolutions of the Board
- J. Annual Reports to the Illinois State Library